2012年4月16日星期一

Need / Greed Loot System - Page 2

Quote:










How do you figure this? This would mean that to gear up your character, you would actually have to play with them. Doesn't seem to complex to me.




Let me put it another way. I admit this isn't entirely fair to the context of your post because you don't seem to be making the argument that items that aren't beneficial to your class should rarely/never drop. You're just saying that when items do drop the game should give preference to classes that can make the most use of them.

What I was trying to say was simply that if that were the case then it would slightly reduce the randomness of loot drops. It could potentially reduce it enough so that you so rarely get drops that aren't useful to the class that you are playing. This could be bad for the reason I said previously, that you would get geared up too quickly which I think is obviously a bad thing in a game so concerned with random loot drops. If you get the best gear for your character in a couple of weeks because the game just lets you loot everything that you could possibly use automatically then there is little point in farming for gear and/or trading.

Additionally, what if you are trying to get gear for an alt? Let's say that you're trying to collect gear for a Barbarian alt. Suppose for a moment that you are grouped with a Barbarian or even 2 or 3. What are the odds that you'll be able to find gear for your alt when the game is giving preference to the Barb(s) that you are playing the game with? In the end I suppose its all just cyclical anyway. You find gear that is good for your class and trade the items you find that you aren't using to other players for them to use on their alts and in return they give you items for you to use on yours.


Quote:




That's called random, and it happens sometimes. If the Wizard received all of the barbarians items that dropped, and the barbarian didn't gain any items at all, how is this any different?




Randomness is a bit of an illusion in games like this. While yes, you can see the same item drop numerous times in a row from the same mob or boss, there are always odds associated with those drops. On a long enough time line every item that any particular mob can drop will drop for you. On a short time line though, it just seems random.

To answer your second question, the difference is that it encourages sharing and/or trading. Not to mention the fact that you could save some of those items for your own Barbarian if you have one.


Quote:




It's not "fair", it's just another way of doing things, luck is luck any way you slice it.




Much like randomness, I don't believe in luck. It's all just odds. Anyway, whether you agree with my points or not is really up to you, and who knows maybe your ideas would work great in D3, or even in D2 or some other game. In the end though I just think that it would be incredibly boring to see all kinds of loot dropping for my character and very little dropping for others. Half of the fun of the game, for me at least, is discovering new items.|||u sure, LoS?|||Quote:








u sure, LoS?




As of September 15, 2009, it's still equal drops for every class, unaffected by the class itself. You can rest assured of that, GH.|||Can I see what drop for others? Or what others loot? Can I see everything that drops for others that are better quality like set/unique?

If I cant see what they get, it will be hard to suggest a fair trade for items that I want for me or for my alts or if I want to buy it to a friend.

If I must link everything that drops just to inform the party it will be boring to do over and over. On the other hand if they dont see what I loot they will not spam me that they need the item. But from bosses, they might spam and ask anyway no matter what they got.|||As I understand it, like Hellgate:London, each individual player will see only their own loot as you have guessed. You will not see other's loots.

I suspect that once you drop it from your inventory everyone will be able to see it, which is what all other games with "individualized loot" has done. If your doing friends / party sharing style, just drop it on the ground after each segment / boss fight and work it out from there. There shouldn't be more then a few piece of "good" items so this should be a doable method for a friendly party. In an unfriendly party, I wouldn't even bother trying to barter / trade / inform them.

I doubt ppl will spam you to get at your unknown loot, I haven't meet more then single digit worth of that kind of greedy ppl in my years of playing, if thats a problem for you, you may be running with a less then optimal crowd...

I wouldn't worry about trading with the other 3 players in your party for what you want either, depending on the trade / market system Bliz implement, even if they kept the old D2 system, trading on forum or channel is still a lot more effective then trading in game especially with 4 ppl max with fresh loot, its like trading in a run-down corner store versus a mega-mall.

I think you would have a happier gaming experience if you don't worry so much about what loots other ppl in your party got that you might want immediately. though that's a matter of preference / irreconcilable difference I suppose ...|||I believe they are implementing item drops based off of guild wars.

In guild wars, either drops were randomly assigned to each player or every time a monster died, the chance to drop an item was rolled per person so that say if a monster had a 25% chance of dropping a certain loot item, all characters fighting it had 25% chance to get that item(it might drop multiple of that item). But you can only see the drops assigned to you. It sounded either like that, or random assignment (and you can only see the ones that are assigned to you) according to interviews and stuff.

I do like how other people dont know what you got though. If they dont know what you got then there is no arguing for who gets what. But if you get an item you don't need I guess its up to you to offer trades to other teammates instead of being a dick and hogging items you dont need.

没有评论:

发表评论