2012年4月18日星期三

Prime evils

I like diablo II LOD. IMO its next to perfect. The main thing that bothered me though is how easy the prime evils actually are. If you think about it, even the uber trist prime evils are easily taken care of with a CB smiter. Aren't these 3 guys the most powerful beings in existence? No character or party should ever be able to defeat a prime evil in a few seconds.

The main thing I want to see is that the prime evils get a HUGE boost in terms of life and damage. I also like the idea of having unique character class enchantments that the evils can use. I.E. the paladins conviction aura on uber meph. Maybe an "ignore target defense" mod on diablo so that melee characters have an extremely hard time defeating him.

Basically I'd like to see uber tristram hard prime evils as the standard. And by uber tristram I mean meph. I don't want to make it so hard that its impossible but using simple CB to kill a boss in a few seconds is lame.|||Also I'd like the complete elimination of different skills for different characters that shouldn't use them. I.E. the teleport skill on enigma. Teleport should ONLY be used by sorcs. Beast should not have the fanta aura. That is for palidans. If you want to use that, make a pally. WW should only be used by barbs etc.

Granted everything should be more balanced for PvP purposes. Possibly increase the FRW breakpoints so that every other char can keep up with teleing sorcs.

Just a thought.|||There are just a couple of points I would make.

Do you remember fighting Diablo on normal with your first ever character? When all the kit you had consisted of the items you found in the previous 4 acts and more than likely a less than optimal skill setup? With that level of gear, the amount of skill points and skill distribution Diablo really isn't all that easy.

I remember getting to him with my first necro. I pop the last seal. Diablo spawns. He instantly fire novas all my skeletons instantly killing them. Just a few seconds after that he encased my necro in a bone prison. Now with no skeletons to help me out he cast his pink fire hose pipe thing at me when i cant move and instantly killed me. At that moment i was like how the hell am i suposed to deal with that? I did in the end bring him down after getting decrepify but thats beyond the point.

As you level up, get better kit and more skill points the bosses do indeed get easier. You effectively out scale the bosses. Its the scaling issue of characters that needs to be limited. Sure buff the bosses a bit but keep them balanced by preventing players from getting gear and items to outscale them.

On your second point regarding skills from other classes. I do agree that characters should only have access to their own skills. I also dislike the idea of having kit on switch. I never bothered with it myself. Yes it limits me on the number of different builds i can make but thats something I'm willing to live with.|||Quote:








I like diablo II LOD. IMO its next to perfect. The main thing that bothered me though is how easy the prime evils actually are. If you think about it, even the uber trist prime evils are easily taken care of with a CB smiter. Aren't these 3 guys the most powerful beings in existence? No character or party should ever be able to defeat a prime evil in a few seconds.

The main thing I want to see is that the prime evils get a HUGE boost in terms of life and damage. I also like the idea of having unique character class enchantments that the evils can use. I.E. the paladins conviction aura on uber meph. Maybe an "ignore target defense" mod on diablo so that melee characters have an extremely hard time defeating him.

Basically I'd like to see uber tristram hard prime evils as the standard. And by uber tristram I mean meph. I don't want to make it so hard that its impossible but using simple CB to kill a boss in a few seconds is lame.





Quote:








Also I'd like the complete elimination of different skills for different characters that shouldn't use them. I.E. the teleport skill on enigma. Teleport should ONLY be used by sorcs. Beast should not have the fanta aura. That is for palidans. If you want to use that, make a pally. WW should only be used by barbs etc.

Granted everything should be more balanced for PvP purposes. Possibly increase the FRW breakpoints so that every other char can keep up with teleing sorcs.

Just a thought.




In the future, please try to edit your posts to add or remove content rather than create new ones within a few minutes of each other. You can edit any of your posts for quite along time.|||Problem in D2 are items not boss. There is too wide gap between normal ones and uber ones which increase char power drastic and making boss peace of cake.|||I agree with Tom and Smash on this one. You're basing your idea off of completely twinked characters. Playing untwinked is always much harder. If you want it to be a bigger challenge then stop getting grushed and doing chaos/baal runs over and over until you can equip your character. Play through untwinked.

Even if they were to up the difficulty to the level you're suggesting, it would be way too difficult. There are only a select few builds that can handle ubers at the moment. If you want the bosses to be that difficult then there wouldn't be very much variety in the game seeing as how you'd have to be one of a select few builds in order to actually beat the bosses.|||Perhaps if there were a way to scale the toughness of a boss depending on the skill or power of the characters fighting it? I mean beyond just adding health, like adding new attacks, higher defense and resistances, etc. Maybe even increasing it's AI.|||I played mostly single player and I didn't feel the game was too easy. I'm just a casual gamer, but I personally wouldn't have wanted the bosses much harder.|||Quote:








Perhaps if there were a way to scale the toughness of a boss depending on the skill or power of the characters fighting it? I mean beyond just adding health, like adding new attacks, higher defense and resistances, etc. Maybe even increasing it's AI.




How would that work if you have a huge difference in character levels fighting the boss? It could work in single player, but wouldn't that sort of defeat the purpose of diffrent difficult levels? (If they still have them)|||Perhaps you could average the levels? Maybe even take things besides level into account. I didn't say it'd be easy or that I knew exactly how, but it's just a possible fix to having bosses go from impossible to impossibly easy depending on gear and skillsets. As for difficulty levels, just have caps on boss buffing per diff, with basically no cap in Hell.

没有评论:

发表评论