2012年4月21日星期六

Respec System - Page 10

Quote:








I gotta be honest... when people start talking against respecing, bringing up such points as "It encourages Cheating/Exploiting." I just have to ask, what exploiting and cheating? I have no idea what you're even talking about when you bring this kind of point up as I've never experienced any kind of cheating or exploitation out of the multiple games that already have a respec system in it at all.




Take Titanquest for an example. There it was very viable to put all the points into a low-lvl-skill, even if you wouldn't use it later on, and then respec the points put there to the highlvl-skill one finally wanted to use. Ok... that way the game has become really accessible to anyone from the start up, but the longtermplayability suffers a lot, as does the need to preplan your characters.

As I've said before, the only respec I would like to see is fixation of the last set skillpoint with setting the next one, thus only taking out the "oooops - misclicked"-effect, although I have to admit that limited respec after balancechanging patches wouldn't be such a bad idea...|||Quote:








As I've said before, the only respec I would like to see is fixation of the last set skillpoint with setting the next one, thus only taking out the "oooops - misclicked"-effect, although I have to admit that limited respec after balancechanging patches wouldn't be such a bad idea...




That's mostly what I would like to see: the ability to fix a small mistake. I wouldn't mind being able to mess around with a skill for a level or two and then respec it into something else, but then again, I wouldn't mind having no respecs at all.|||Quote:








Take Titanquest for an example. There it was very viable to put all the points into a low-lvl-skill, even if you wouldn't use it later on, and then respec the points put there to the highlvl-skill one finally wanted to use. Ok... that way the game has become really accessible to anyone from the start up, but the longtermplayability suffers a lot, as does the need to preplan your characters.






Well... in this example it's not a failing of the respec system, it's a failing of the skill system on a whole. If you have abilities at the low level that aren't useful in the endgame, then the skill system is at fault, not the respec system. In fact, the respec system is the only thing that's keeping that horrible skill system from being unbearable, and turning it into being managable.

And I don't see the removal of needing to preplan every single point for your character as a bad thing. I'm not a caculation machine. I am not a robot. I am capable of changing my mind, or just wanting to change my entire character, for fun. Why should I be prevented to do that? Why can't I experiment with a build that people THINK sucks, but might not?

Straight up, I think if Diablo 3 doesn't have an open respec system, it's probably going to crash and burn. Why would anyone actually play it when diablo 2 is just as limiting and cheaper to buy?|||I posted a long thing about respec possibilities in my thread, "Grug's Thing a Day" in the suggestions section.|||Respecs are fine as long it gets more expensive (gold cost) and punishing (deduction of xp, but you don't delevel, just that you need to earn more xp than usual to level) over the long run. Simply put early respecs at low levels (lowbies level fast anyway) allow for mistake fixing. That is fine really, but at high levels it should not be so accessible.

For example you are already lvl70, you SHOULD be knowing what you are doing amirite ?

No sense to make high level respecs easily accessible. Low level it is doable to let things slide since you are probably just experimenting with stuff.|||Quote:








Well... in this example it's not a failing of the respec system, it's a failing of the skill system on a whole. If you have abilities at the low level that aren't useful in the endgame, then the skill system is at fault, not the respec system. In fact, the respec system is the only thing that's keeping that horrible skill system from being unbearable, and turning it into being managable.




I've been against full respecs, but I think you've actually changed my mind about this. All the arguments against them are to combat flaws in other systems, not the (in)ability to respec.

-People only respecing existing characters instead of making new ones: This means the early game is boring.

-People changing skills because low level ones suck: Why must low level skills suck? Make them different, not worse.

-Respecing to get around problems: Who's honestly going to rearrange their entire skill setup for every enemy they fight? For PVP games, you could even have a "no respec" option at game creation.|||Quote:








-Respecing to get around problems: Who's honestly going to rearrange their entire skill setup for every enemy they fight? For PVP games, you could even have a "no respec" option at game creation.




Well and as far as PvP is concerned, if they make it similar to the way Diablo 2 did it, why can't they have it be "No Respecs While Hostile"? Doesn't that solve that problem right there?|||Quote:








Well and as far as PvP is concerned, if they make it similar to the way Diablo 2 did it, why can't they have it be "No Respecs While Hostile"? Doesn't that solve that problem right there?




...yeah, pretty much. I don't always think that well.|||I haven't read all ten pages so far, so I'm sorry if this was mentioned.

I think there should be two key parts to a respec system.

1. I really like the idea of having a last point respec for "oops" moments. (Can anyone really argue against this?)

2. Make a full respec option on a timer (so it doesn't accumulate) say (1-4 weeks) per CD Key.

My pet peeve from D2 was with Barbs and their weapon spec. How do you know which good weapon is going to drop? Once you went one way there was no way going back. Perhaps having a limited respec, like only in one tree might help.

没有评论:

发表评论