2012年4月19日星期四

Cool death sound/animation, please!

One of the incredible advantages of D1 over D2 was sound - not just the music which was 10000x better, but the sounds of dying monsters.

Like the Zombies which gave a loud splat sound, Fallen ones that sounded like choked to death and scavengers with their bug-like death squeek.

D2 had very crappy and mundane sounds - Zombies gave a sigh when killed, fallen ones - just a random scream - Idk, all the magic evaporated.

Same for death animations - idk, in D1 they felt - or rather, still feel - very rewarding, the skeleton falling apart, the scavenger tripping over, the death knight dying in some soul-explosion, succubi bending over D2 death animations are unrewarding and boring.

I hope D3 gets back on the right track, since - as far as I can tell - more of a sequel to Diablo 1 than Diablo 2 ever was.|||haha i agree. BUT it appears to me that they already have it covered. the wwi video of the barbarian just owning tons of different monsters showed off a wide variety of death animations and with physix taking affect its not gonna be the same all the time so rest assured |||Quote:








One of the incredible advantages of D1 over D2 was sound - not just the music which was 10000x better, but the sounds of dying monsters.




I too think that the original Diablo music was better; actually I played DII before playing DI, and so my preference surprised me.


Quote:








D2 had very crappy and mundane sounds - Zombies gave a sigh when killed, fallen ones - just a random scream - Idk, all the magic evaporated.




Haha, the zombie sigh is so funny to me! "Well - I'm dead (again). *sigh*" Maybe it's realistic because think about it; if YOU had to die and come back and then die again, you'd be getting tired of dying so many times.

I've noticed the bats in D1 make a very piercing noise. To be honest with you, though, I haven't gotten all the way through D1 yet.

没有评论:

发表评论