2012年4月18日星期三

Idea regarding followers - Page 2

Quote:








Well here's the way I see it:

Follower (looking at dead bodies): "Gosh boss, you really have this down to an art form. I should leave you to it...I'm just getting in your way."

Barb (smiling evily): "That's the idea, Mr. Meat Shied...uh, I mean Tanky Tank....I mean....what was your name again?"

Follower: "Really though, I almost got whacked back there! Did you see my life orb? You got your two bk rings and crown of ages, and--"

Barb: "Get with the times, maggot! Back to the front lines with you!"

It's more of an immersion problem for me. It just all looks bad knowing there is a 100% chance he's going to die. He's a walking corpse before anything else.






Okay, at this point the point is getting moot, if people want to use him as a meat shield (while somehow not giving him decent equip) that's their choice, personally I've never seen anyone use their merc as a meat shield specifically designed to die for their sadistic pleasure but w/e to each his own.

Sure to START he will be a defenseless farmer who has a high chance of dying BUT if the player takes time to protect and train him then EVENTUALLY he will get better/experienced and will be a killing machine in his own right. An example would be a lvl 10 player getting a lvl 5 in D2, sure it's weak but after a while it'll be get to lvl 10 and be even stronger than a merc that was hired at lvl 10. If players let him die constantly then fine, they'll have a merc that's weak, dies constantly and is of no use to them in the end game and their only option remaining will to hire one.

Now, it seems pretty clear that you'd be the type of player that'd take care of him while he gets stronger, am I right? Then who gives a **** about what others might do?

Sorry if this starts sounding like a rant but the point is that you just need to make him stronger and you're golden, they could probably add a feature so that farmer joe leaves if the player is an *** to him but I doubt it.|||Quote:








I think it would be great if they could implement that with a quest. A farmer appears who has to protect his family, but he's not strong enough. He will go with you and leech a bit of your xp. After he has grown enough he says something like: thanks for teaching me in the arts of warfare. After that you get a quest reward and you can visit him for growing weeds for potions or whatever.

This would be a total new quest experience and the reward is a lot more logical then in D2. I mean u kill a cave of weak monsters and u get a skill point, but when u kill big D u get essentially nothing




That makes sense, the implementation would probably be easier if there's a sort of pre-determined "training grounds" ie you encounter the farmer in a quillrat den and the conversation goes something like this:

Joe: Greetings hero

Barb: Greetings farmer, what are you doing in this cave?

Joe: I'm training so I can protect my family, also the more I kill the less there are to terrorize the countryside

Barb: Good idea, need any help?

Joe: Why yes, if it's not too much trouble I would greatly appreciate help to clear this cave.

Barb: Not a problem at all.

and so they go slaying monsters left and right, as this kill the last quillrat, a bit mother quillrat appears, kill it and you split the loot with farmer Joe (he gets a small chest of gold or something and you get physical loot) and friendship ensues.

I also like your idea of Joe staying for like a level (though that would make him a helper and not a follower)|||I'd like more if you could go to the farm attacked by demons/robbers/whatever, join the villains and threaten the head of the family that you'd kill all if he doesn't join you as a slave. And only if he joins you, you'll save his family and kill the villains. That weak farmer would follow you untill he's dead, which wouldn't take that long.

没有评论:

发表评论