2012年4月21日星期六

Female Barbarian Should Look Sexy

I think the female barbarian should look sexy much like how they look on other rpgs. Females and testosterone don't mix.

Hell. You'll be looking at the character most of the time so it should be at least pleasing to look at much like how the female witchdoctor isn't made into a withered old hag.|||Leaving aside the issue of you assuming your personal taste is the universal arbitrator of what's sexy... wouldn't it be rather ridiculous for the female Barb to look like a slender little vixen, and then unleash those massive, bass-rumbling attacks? The movies don't do the power of the animations justice. Playing the Barbarian is like driving a bulldozer. The character has to match the skills, or the illusion is broken. And some Playboy bunny executing war cries and ripping the ground open with the visceral, crushing power of the Barbarian would be absurd.

Slender and lithe works for the F wizard and WD, and it'll be interesting to see how the M and F versions of the unannounced chars pan out. I can see a female Paladin type char being roughly the size of the amazon. And if the other is a ranger type that's almost reusing the rogue.

Besides, the Female Barb isn't exactly a troll, judging from the concept art and screens we've seen thus far. If you can't handle a woman with a little muscle, that's more about you than about whether she's sexy or not.

|||I dig the female barb. as long as she takes care of those feet. I can't stand gross feet.|||Just give her bigger boobs... Seems the be the industry's conventional route to make their female characters more appealing to their male audience.

..... can't say I disapprove though |||Well said Flux

I'm all for sexual exploitation so long as it's gender-symmetrical. So if the female barb gets bigger boobs, I want a definite loincloth bulge on my male barb

I will say I'm happy that he swans around with naked thighs. Men in miniskirts FTW!

Edit: It's the witch doctor that has the worst gender discrepancy IMO. At least in the concept art I've seen, he's twisted and bent and looks old, while she's upright and young. I don't get that Though they're both pretty ripped.



|||I don't care about the different discrepencies between the genders. In the Doc's case, I think both the female and male look like Witch Doctors, so that's good enough for me. I only hope Blizzard makes the male/female versions stay the same race (I think they will). In other words, it would bug me if the male version of the Wiz turned out to be something other than East Asian. My 2 cents.

And as for the female Barb, I'd hit it. Because of the Barb's lifestyle, it makes sense that she'd be built for brute strength.|||Quote:








And as for the female Barb, I'd hit it. Because of the Barb's lifestyle, it makes sense that she'd be built for brute strength.






Agree ^_^


Quote:








I only hope Blizzard makes the male/female versions stay the same race (I think they will). In other words, it would bug me if the male version of the Wiz turned out to be something other than East Asian. My 2 cents.




He does look like an Eastern Asian .... specially the hair and the tiny beard.




Quote:








I think the female barbarian should look sexy much like how they look on other rpgs. Females and testosterone don't mix.

Hell. You'll be looking at the character most of the time so it should be at least pleasing to look at much like how the female witchdoctor isn't made into a withered old hag.




And neither is the female barbarian an old hag ... she is just a strong woman which fits perfectly with the title "Barbarian" ... you can't expect a barbarian woman to go to a body-care center or be skinny anorexic babe ... She is just fine.

And don't spread non-sense information .. yes testosterone makes growing muscles easier and makes it bulky but estrogen filled women can have defined muscles too with harsh training and workouts.

Fact is ... an adult human male body produces about forty to sixty times more testosterone than an adult female body, but females are, from a behavioral perspective (rather than from an anatomical or biological perspective), more sensitive to the hormone. ---> from Wikipedia

-----------------------------------------

Actually i find the in-game model prettier than the concept art.



Can we now move on to a more meaningful subject |||more meaningful then... drat... no circumventing the autocensor... I can't complete this post |||Oh nice! I love the witch doctors female concept art.

I was going to stay away from the old contorted fart, but if I can play with the dark arts while using a straight standing younger female model, then perhaps this class deserves a second look. I'm a necro fan at heart. |||AtomicJ, the male wizard is in one of the Concept Arts on the d3 site.

没有评论:

发表评论