2012年4月13日星期五

Suggestion: New, different weapons

[:1]Everytime we play an RPG it's mostly the same types of weapon. Clubs, a couple of standard swords for the genre (longsword, shortsword, katana), daggers and some polearms asides from the magic staffs, scepters and wands.

I'd like to see some different weapons.

Give me a falcata (kopris, if want to call it that, but I'm Portuguese so I call it a falcata) for a sword, would be great for the barb.

Give me a kerambit for a knife, the witch doctor would love it.

Cane sword (if two handed, one is the blade, the other is the cane end, maybe have it offer a bit of defense as well as an extra low damage hit, if one handed you only do a bit of damage but can equip a shield), I'm sure it could work well with a sorceror.

What about a segmented pole for our monk friend?

Nunchucks? Chacrams? Chains?

And what about projectiles? I don't want to see fire arms but I'd have no problem with slings (NWN did it well) or even if a ranged class started out with a slingshot (Silver, by Infogrames could have done it better but it had some uses). I know I said it's always the same weapons but some games used different weapons that could very well become standards.

Take this chance to post weapons, shields, jewelry that you think haven't been seen in games (or rarely seen) and should be in Diablo III.|||hum weapons that could be used in diablo 3 and have not been used to much in other games??

ok i give it a shot:

Pata:



Various picks:



"sv�rdstav" swordstaff http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Swordstaff

nine tail cat:



metal whips:



rapier:



short swords

Kukri:



sai:



Naginata:



butterfly swords:

|||Slow start but that's what I' talking about.|||Some more these are weapons from india the in my opinion most neglected martial country. When you look how seldom their weapons are found in various games.









also just because the falcata is such a fantastic weapon:





enjoy

also to show that our martial art has not changed that much:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DHldH...eature=related|||

For a more modern flavour. I swear, if I ever own a sword it will be this one. I can't find the original maker of the sword but he also had other sweet examples of the kind IIRC.

BTW, Diablo does have a falcata but it's an elite. I never bothered with making those types of sword but might try this one. It is a bit underpowered but adding some runes, gems or jewels in the two sockets might help (are the two sockets guaranteed, do we have to add them or what?). Major issue is that it's a name only item, meaning it looks like a short sword... meh.

没有评论:

发表评论