2012年4月19日星期四

Everchanging Dungeon (rough idea/wish)

I would like to see a dungeon, which is constantly shifting. It should have no means of shortcut (as teleportshrines or waypoints), so one would have to go in and out the hard way. Groups should be cramping really close together, or else get splintered by the moving walls.

How do you think about this?|||Arcane Sanctuary 2.0. someone on the Blizz forums brought this up a while ago. No answer for or against by Blizzard.

I personally think it might work, but it would be hard. They'd have to program the shifts so that the exit is always reachable, and the crushing walls couldn't be a 1 hit kill or it would be unfair. Plus wizard would have a huge advantage.|||Sounds hard to implement but awesome |||I like the general idea, but not that it actually shifts on you and can kill you while shifting. I think something that is like a funhouse type thing. You go in and your minimap is all wacked out for some reason and if you turn around you start realizing the exit is gone from your map and the path you walk is different, you think you made a wrong turn. Then eventually you figure out, crap this place is changing on me. Then you find the boss, he is all blinking around and mirror imaging and stuff, kill him and get some stuff and be forced to telaport out because you can't find the exit.

I mean, still have the exit reachable, but just not on the minimap and all screwed around so you pretty much have to stumble upon it by chance. If they did this I would not want to see it in the main story because it would be endlessly anoying, I would like to see it as a side dungeon, you know what I mean. Like the hole and the pit and all that.|||A dude at the main blizz forums had an idea about endless dungeon or something like that. it was a pretty good idea.|||[QUOTE=knightmawko;7088360]I like the general idea, but not that it actually shifts on you and can kill you while shifting. I think something that is like a funhouse type thing. You go in and your minimap is all wacked out for some reason and if you turn around you start realizing the exit is gone from your map and the path you walk is different, you think you made a wrong turn. Then eventually you figure out, crap this place is changing on me.

I would really like to see a dungeon like this, something really disorienting. It would be cool to have the dungeon itself really doing something to mess you up, in addition to whatever monsters are in there.

Maybe the worry about walls killing people while shifting could be assuaged by making the dungeon only shift those portions that are off-screen. This would delay the realization that it is a shifting dungeon, and would result in that "Oh crap, it's different now" kind of feeling that knightmawko described.

Plus, it might be easier to program if you don't have to worry about the player seeing it (but I'm not a programmer so I really don't know).

没有评论:

发表评论