2012年4月21日星期六

Smooth, antialiased ingame text, pretty please!

This is a direct reaction to the screenshots bundled with bilzzcast #8 (3-31-2009), because the text (font) for the UI tips (for instance - mouse over of an item or a skill) looks diablo-stylized, and O.K. in the aliasing department (but could be better), but the text of the item names on the ground are jaggy, not diablo-font-stylized and, well, just ugly in my eyes.

Therefore, I would kindly and wholeheartedly ask our dear developers at Blizzard to make all text ingame smooth and antialiased.

I must admit, that if anything bothered me about Diablo 2, than it was definitely how ugly the ingame text was. I know, this sounds quite nit-picky or something, but I do believe it is a quite important aspect of the games graphics. I mean - because of the prominent micromanagement in the game, and the fundamental role of items (and their representative text on the floor once they drop), you end up reading ALL the time!

I know Blizzard listens to their fans and I would love if this came true!

没有评论:

发表评论