2012年4月16日星期一

Art Controversy Solution (Brightness and Contrast Filter) - Page 2

Pretty much every game lets you adjust brightness/gamma/contrast, I don't see why D3 would be an exception. If you feel the game should be as extremely dark as your bottom pic suggest, you're obviously welcome to change your video settings in order to emulate that look.

Personally, I think the bottom pic is a dark, terrible mess because it removes much of the detail present in the top pic. The only good thing about it as that it has a potential to make the Light Radius affix useful, because without it you won't have much of an idea what your enemies look like and how they differ from each other.|||Quote:








Here's an idea. Make norm mode look like the top one, and hell mode look like the bottom.




In an awkward way, this is the best solution I've ever heard to the Art Controversy :P

I have to disagree with the OP though.

I too support the dark theme of diablo, but I'm very very against the idea of "video customization". Because with all the respect, Blizzard are correct when they say that "color and brightness affect gameplay". Although I don't like the idea of bright and colorful, I hate even more the idea of me, playing dark and having a hard time while others play bright and fight more conveniently.

When I play, I want people to see what I see, have the same mood and feel and play with the same difficulty. It's like saying "Oh, you don't like the idea of skill runes? Toggle them off in the menu - Everyone's happy".

Also, Gamma and Contrast are not really an option for that. What the option basically does is add white/black to the picture. The photoshopped picture is alot more complicated than just "more black". You got stronger shadows, no raibows, less color, more blue... it's something that can't be done with a regular Gamma adjusment.

Enough with ideas like "Have an option to toggle X/Y/Z on and off in the menu - Everyone's happy". There's a reason Blizzard release games with the least amount of game setting options as possible.|||Somewhere in between the two would be perfect.

I'm still disappointed that SC2 is darker than Diablo 3. SC2 is looking real great right now and a lot better than the most popular RTS game ever- SC1. However, Diablo 3 looks like it is failing to be better than its predecessor. Yet, I won't make any final judgments until I play the game. It will still be a good game at the least. Definitely worth buying.

没有评论:

发表评论