2012年4月13日星期五

"This Magic Ring does me no good." - Page 4

[:1]Quote:








I wouldn't mind useless rewards if they were at least interesting or amusing in some way. I wouldn't want a +3 life cap, but I might consider a +3 life pimp hat.




No, that should be a +3 stamina pimp hat, if you catch my drift.|||Quote:








No, that should be a +3 stamina pimp hat, if you catch my drift.




You know they have potions for that, right?|||Quote:








No, that should be a +3 stamina pimp hat, if you catch my drift.




Good one. But I agree with the general consensus of the thread. If it takes me an hour to find some stupid knife, and all I get is a useless ring, why would I do it? I might do as phaolo did and kill him with the stupid pricker. Now if I could only get cain to shut up...|||I wouldn't mind doing a quest once or twice where the NPC quest-giver (I'm thinking of a new age Wirt) rewards you with the most wretched item possible, like a crude cap with altered durability (1/1) and massively negative stat effects. Especially if it had your name on it or something. Would be fun for kicks and giggles! |||Quote:








I wouldn't mind doing a quest once or twice where the NPC quest-giver (I'm thinking of a new age Wirt) rewards you with the most wretched item possible, like a crude cap with altered durability (1/1) and massively negative stat effects. Especially if it had your name on it or something. Would be fun for kicks and giggles!




and it would be even better if we would have opportunatly to kick his arse and have better rewards

edit: reward something like andy's bugged quest, but you could do it, like..... twenty times, or that he would open tp to boss with good gear, or what ever....|||Quote:








WELL IT DOESN'T DO ME ANY GOOD EITHER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Come on Blizzard... lets get some serious rewards. .






LOLLOLLOLLOLLOL And giving Charsi something to imbue is like trying to have a conversation with Dekard Cain, pointless.

|||/me has a mental image of the OP chasing Ormus all over Kurast throwing trash rings at Ormus >:P

Most of the rewards in D2 sucked - "Yay, you defeated a vile necromancer who had just betrayed all of us - you get one of your items named after you as thanks for your hardships!". Useless, thanks for nothing...

Side-quests should give class specific rewards as many have said, story quests, on the other hand, should be a more generally useful reward (skill points or better), since you're forced to go through them anyway.

Many newer ARPGs give you XP for every quest completed (optional or not). That's a decent basic reward and I see nothing wrong with using that in Diablo 3 as well.|||Those rings usually do suck, but I'm very poor most of the time so I still do them on the off chance I get something useful. I think the one I got on nightmare had life leech, a big AR boost, and lightning resists so I was content.|||Some of the early quest rewards in D3 are items, tailored to your level. A quest right at the start in ruined tristram gave magical boots (which were nice, at level 1). one in this year's blizzcon build in act 2 was a rare belt. which was also useful, at level 14ish. (Some of these quests also earned you experience.)

HGL used similar rewards, and it was helpful to the devs for balancing since the could assume your char had at least some quality of equipment at various points in the early game.

I do wonder how those rewards will work on higher diff levels, though. I'd assume they'll just scale up, but then you've got "these magic _______ do me no good" like 15x a game. And that would get very annoying.

Maybe at higher levels they could offer you a choice of item types, sort of like a free gamble. Or you could just take a random gem or rune or something instead. There's a reason the Hellforge reward was about the most popular in NM/Hell, while Ormus was a punchline.|||By the way, game design has gone a very long way since D2 release.

Bottom line, I consider D3 dev team's skilled enought to be able to tailor quest rewards to your character, to some limited degree at least, or come up with more interesting kind of rewards.

So if you're a caster type it just is plainly simple to figure it out a +cast-speed/+mana/+will/+elemental-dmg/+def-vs-missiles can potentially be helpfull to you. So when rolling a random item as a reward, why don't simply pick one modifier out of that character-tailored pool, and then going with other randomly selected mods as usual?

That's not intended to be handled that way for every quest reward, but it would be a nice approach for some of them.

Also, you could have very different but still nice rewards, ie way item customization. Having an item named after you as a main storyline related quest reward sucks, but maybe not so much in a sidequest's case?

Being able to choose your gear's color as a quest reward?

What about buffs? No Ormus, go f**k yourself, I don't want your usless items, my friend Mephisto is probably going to gift me something better. Why don't you instead give me a +10% damage bonus for the next 10 minutes? That would very much be appreciated.

Since it seems gold will be much more valuable in D3, maybe a nice pile of money could be nice too, every now and then.

Also, to bring up something on another line, interesting lore pieces could be considered a worthy reward, depending on the quest. So if I'm supposed to save some guardsman who's being kidnapped by the dark cultists, he could give me some additional very interesting and otherwise unknown insight on what's been going on, in addition to the usual random item/XP. It would had to the overall knowing-you've-done-something-meaningfull feeling, and would certainly entertain the lore-lovers too.

Seriously, if I'm able to come up with this little ideas in just 2 minutes, Blizz should seriously better be coming up with something interesting and meaningfull (or employ me. just kidding).

没有评论:

发表评论