2012年4月13日星期五

Do flintlock type guns have a place in Diablo? - Page 4

[:1]Quote:








Knight-wolf you seem to be 'sticking to your guns' on this one if you pardon the pun and I've enjoyed reading you essay on the subject.




No problem


Quote:








I was not presenting an argument at the G20 summit I was simply expressing my opinion. I was quite affronted by your comment 'Who are you to decide....'. I'd like to say that I am a guy who will buy this game and that entitles me to give an opinion and have that opinion respected.




Respected .. maybe yes .. but hindering the advancement of the game .. no .. Blizz has the full right to ditch and ignore any opinion if they feel it has no place in the game .. that includes your opinion and mine too.


Quote:








To look at your arguments for gun culture in D3 I have a few questions.

Do we really need slower, high damage weapons? I agree that xbows tried and failed to fill this gap but does it really need filling? Personally I prefer speed over power but each to their own.




That's the whole point, just because you favor speed over power doesn't mean that other won't favor power over speed ... variety is important.


Quote:








Variety? - Not sold on this one. Again personal preference. I feel that D2 has a fair variety of weapons and don't think that adding guns would really enhance this for me.




D2 .. maybe .... but what about D3 .. just the same exact things all over again .. that's pretty boring .. same swords ... same axes .. same polearms .. where is creativity here ?




Quote:








Fits the Lore - Just because black powder was hinted at in D2 doesn't make it a good idea.




Neither does it make it a bad one .. it makes it a possibility .. why did they even bother add such hint to begin with !!!?


Quote:








As for 'come back when you have a decent argument' I feel that was bit harsh. I expressed an opinion, nothing more. You disagreed. Fair enough but there was no need for such a cheap shot.






You got a point .. sorry there




Quote:








A previous post said that the inclusion of guns would bring Diablo closer to our world. I don't want it closer to our world. I want it just where it is.




That's quite subjective .. D2:LoD added catapults, pseudo-war-elephants and siege weapons to the hell minions arsenal and it didn't really make it that closer to our world.

------------------------------

Finally i have to say you had some good points indeed, and i actually have nothing more to add on the matter as i explained my point thoroughly .. let's leave it at that then |||Bashiok has outright said that he has outright said that he very specifically said No Guns.|||Quote:








Bashiok has outright said that he has outright said that he very specifically said No Guns.




Of course we all know that, but since there is a severe lack of updates (rather drought) then all we have left is discuss things like these ... simply discussing why guns could have been good in D3 or are a bad idea to implement is interesting in and of itself as long as each side has reasonable arguments that are more than just "I WANT GUNZ" or "NO GUNZ PLZ" |||I bet guns would be horrifically underpowered cause they would fire so slowly, but I like underpowered builds, and I bet guns only would make for a fun single player forum tournament, so I'd be down|||As other people must have brought up, Larzuk did conceive of firing projectiles with gunpowder :P.

Bashiok may have said that there won't be guns in the Diablo universe, but I personally feel that flintlock weapons wouldn't feel out of place. They have a suitably antiquated feel about them.

All I know is that after using them in Torchlight and hearing their satisfying clicks and bangs, I definitely think it wouldn't hurt to have them in D3 ^____^.|||Well this thread has been resurrected more times than Jesus (I think?) so I guess it can't really hurt to add my 2 cents.

I know everyone hates guns, but since black power has been hinted at, why not add that to the game?

Black power could be held in bags that could be carried on the character in some random slot or something.

The Barbarian could apply black powder to his weapons and spark it to create explosions when needed.

The Sorceress could use her magic to throw the black powder at her enemies, and then shoot a spark or something to explode it.

The Witch Doctor could add the black powder to his minions to turn them into suicide bombers that could be used for large area damage.

The Monk could attach the bags to his wrist and flip one up into one of his combos to add an explosion effect.

A ranger fifth class could add a bag of black powder to an arrow for an explosive effect.

Maybe these ideas over guns might be better?|||Yes, but Larzuk meant its as cannons, as it is first step of gunning evolution, so no.|||i hate gun in wow, and in that game they make more sense. so i still say no guns, they just dont fit and i dont see the point in trying to make them fit.|||I dont realy like the idea of guns in Diablo , but if it would apear it should be powerful but vary slow maby somthing like Witch slayer from Heroes of newerth , where he has one shot with hese pistol with vary long cool down maby you had to reloade out of combat or atleast 5 - 6 sec to reload.|||In a world were people run around casting 20 fireballs in 3 seconds I dont really see guns usefull, and they definetly dont fit.. I despised them in WoW and id be really sad and dissapointed to see them make their way into D2.

没有评论:

发表评论