2012年4月18日星期三

Different Orb Types

Just got an idea. What if every once and a while you get a rare orb instead of a typical health or mana orb?

For instance, could it be possible for an orb to drop that may increase your attack speed or damage?

I'm not thinking about uber orbs like ones that make you invincible, but it may be cool for a rare golden orb(possibly dependent and the monster you kill) to drop and give you a newer temporary advantage in battle.|||Wtf are you talking about man? Orbs??? Like Sorceress weapons? Mana and health orbs???|||Quote:








Wtf are you talking about man? Orbs??? Like Sorceress weapons? Mana and health orbs???




I think you need a hug.

As for the topic, I think that might be cool as long it's easy to see what kind of orb it is so you don't confuse it with a health one in the heat of battle.|||Might be a bit bad on Ranged attackers,Health orbs kinda balance out with ranged attackers because if they are away from the combat they get hit less but I dont think they would like to lose out on the benefit of these other orbs.Otherwise not a bad Idea to replace Shrines.|||Sounds cool, but it somehow doesn't fit well to me. It seems too much like a power-up orb you would get in an arcade game. I don't want to run around collecting orbs :P

Making them rare solves that in practice, but I still don't like it|||I think they're going to drop elixirs for that exact purpose. Little temp buffs.

I believe the reasoning is that they need "trash" or "fluff" drops so you aren't getting bombarded by equipment, because they took out potions and bolts and arrows and other moderately useless things from Diablo II. Now they need to come up with their own moderately useless things to drop to act as a buffer between the droprate of great items and the player.

Then again I do like the idea of the buffs/elixirs not being mobile and you are forced to either use them or not.|||Quote:




It seems too much like a power-up orb you would get in an arcade game.




Lol, yeah, that worries me too, but in the end I think people would race to get one without complaints.



*side issue*

Y'know how items that drop can't be seen by other players. Is it the same for orbs, or can everyone see the orbs that drop?|||Quote:








Lol, yeah, that worries me too, but in the end I think people would race to get one without complaints.



*side issue*

Y'know how items that drop can't be seen by other players. Is it the same for orbs, or can everyone see the orbs that drop?




I haven't thought about that and I don't remember seeing anything about it. I think it depends on how important the orbs will be for gameplay. I would guess they will make it so only one player can see it.|||If any party member within range gets the effect of the orb, one would assume that everybody can see it, right?|||Quote:








If any party member within range gets the effect of the orb, one would assume that everybody can see it, right?




If that's the case then that would make sense yes.

I've never been good at guesses.

没有评论:

发表评论