2012年4月18日星期三

Queued Actions

I would love the ability too queue actions.

On a wizard, hold <key> to bring up the action queue, then do teleport, cast your spells, and run away. Then release <key> and watch it happen.

I love action queues. They're like on the fly macros.|||I'm opposed to this because it would be much like having a macro in an FPS; it removes all of the execution from the game.|||They are fun but I dont think they belong in a ARPG except in a primitive form where you can just stack attacks(like Sacred does).|||sounds like a system developed for the sole purpose of helping newbs out who can't execute skills and spells properly without ****ing up.|||I don't like this idea either because a huge part of PvP in D2 is your timing and if it was done perfectly all the time by a macro then it would remove a lot of skill from the game and make PvP less fun.|||I can see it as having its uses.

Say I am a D2 barb who likes to prebuff with: swap to weapon which grants bonus to war cries -> war cry -> battle orders -> shout -> swap back to main killing weapon. Instead of having to mash my hotkeys furiously in the midst of combat, I can simply assign this action chain to a single key. So when my buffs wear out, I can easily refresh it with the tap of a single button.

But of course, if D3 allows us to execute skills simply by pressing a key (as compared to D2, where the hotkey simply selected it, and I still had to right/left click to activate it), then this would be less crucial. For example, it would be cool if I could drag my main skills to a hotbar, and perform them by pressing either a, s, d, f, g or h (depending on the order), since I could do the same thing just by pressing those 4 keys in rapid succession.

Would help relieve the monotony and tediousness of certain builds, IMO.|||Macro's are not Queued Actions. You guys are mistaking one for the other.

Queued actions aren't something you can pre-arrange like a macro. They are something you do on the fly, and have to repeat every time you do it.

It's very similar to assigning waypoints in starcraft. Select the unit, hold down the shift key, tell it where to go, and once you release the shift key the unit starts walking.

A diabloesque example would be a sorc coming up on a grave and knowing there are undead laying in wait. Have the grave on the edge of the screen hold [key] cast teleport into center, cast nova, cast nova, run away, release [key], watch what happens.

It would have an impact on PvP as someone mentioned, but you also forget that while you queue your actions, you are just standing there doing nothing.

没有评论:

发表评论