2012年4月18日星期三

Different Orb Types - Page 2

They could almost be a replacement for D2's shrines as long as they were fairly rare.

examples: Max Health orb, Unlimited stamina orb, Max mana orb, etc.|||Quote:








Wtf are you talking about man? Orbs??? Like Sorceress weapons? Mana and health orbs???




I think the OP meant globes. Instead of just having mana and health globes, what if there were also special, rare, random globes. Not to be confused with the wizard's orb, a secondary weapon.

Calm down, though, man.|||Quote:








They could almost be a replacement for D2's shrines as long as they were fairly rare.

examples: Max Health orb, Unlimited stamina orb, Max mana orb, etc.




My thoughts exactly. I think it's a great idea.|||

I also thought this thread was about the Wiz's weapon, not the health/mana globes. Oh well.

As for the OP's suggestion: sure, I guess. Why not?|||I like the idea as well.

Specifically if there was an EXP increasing orb, a Drop Rate increasing orb and a Gold Find increasing orb...

Make them rare, or better yet make them drop from the champion type monsters with some consistency. It might make the game encourage a sort of fast playstyle.

I think it would be fun.

I don't care if it seems arcadey.|||I really don't like the idea of more globes floating around the screen. However, I do think the health globes will be a great addition to the game, because they promote tactical choices due to the health/death mechanic. Regardless, this necessary evil shouldn't be used to turn the look of the game into an arcade game any more than it already has.

A better way to provide the same effect as additional globes types would be if those bonuses were random "rewards" that were instantly given by reaching high enough scores on the parties kill combo multiplier!

Hey if it's going to be in the game, it might as well be used for something other than just an experience boost. Maybe the developers could set the multiplier requirements needed to get the bonuses, based off of the enemy's "population density" or benchmark scores that good players typically achieve per zone.

I'm not really fond of random bonuses that alter a characters "power" in one way or another, but other things mentioned above that change the games playstyle would be cool.

How about a "reward" that causes the game to spawn more champion grade monsters! hehehe *evil grin ... or maybe one that gives the enemies a BIGGER agro distance! There could be other less devious rewards like one that provides a little pop up compass that leads you to the nearest unique monster, or one that reveals the rest of the zones map, or just leads you to the closest dungeon!|||Quote:








If that's the case then that would make sense yes.

I've never been good at guesses.







Blizzard Quote: (Source)




Health globes drop the same for everyone. I'm guessing mainly because snagging one heals your entire party. It would be kind of confusing if they weren't.









I was right. Heh. |||Quote:








I really don't like the idea of more globes floating around the screen.




Health globes won't drop so much that it creates a visual problem. Adding one "rare" globe to the mix wouldn't make much of a difference.

I really think this is a great idea and I hope Blizzard is taking it into consideration.|||I'm getting a lot of positive feedback here. I was wondering if someone could post this on the battle.net forums where it would get the proper attention. I would myself, but I lost my cd key.|||Quote:








I like the idea as well.

Specifically if there was an EXP increasing orb, a Drop Rate increasing orb and a Gold Find increasing orb...

Make them rare, or better yet make them drop from the champion type monsters with some consistency. It might make the game encourage a sort of fast playstyle.




I really like that drops-from-champs idea.

Imagine finding an Exp orb from the first kill in a champ pack

The rare orbs should, imo, be party-wide effects, so not only those that happen to be near it get the exp boost (as an example).

没有评论:

发表评论