2012年4月12日星期四

D3 Controller Support?

[:1]Before I get yelled at for sacrilege, hear this. All that clicking takes a serious toll on one's wrist, and using certain skills would definitely be easy with distinct buttons for them.

The 360 controller is becoming standard for pc games, so why not include support for it? I mean you'd have to use the mouse for the inventory and stuff but that's not a big deal. It would increase the strategy use in the game vs. the click rapidly thing. Since the game's running total 3d now there isn't really anything stopping it and it could be like so, ON A 360 CONTROLLER:

  • left thumbstick- move

  • right thumbstick - camera, or even aiming (for leap, teleport skills like that)

  • start - pause in single player

  • d pad- potions

  • lb - inventory or something

  • rb - quests or something

  • triggers, x, a, b, and y - all assignable, like the hotbar, except even quicker



Just something to think about. It would really prevent alot of us from getting carpal tunnel, and help with their goal of "strategy insteal of mindless clicking"

Either way I'm getting it.|||How would using a controller be any different than using a mouse and keyboard as far as causing hand strain go,I imagine it to be far worse.Having said that I see no harm in adding controller support depending on how much development time it adds.Sacred 2 was done for consoles so that time was not a waste where as Im not sure they are doing the same for D3.|||Didn't Diablo come out for a console? How did that work? Personally I like the mouse and keyboard way more than a controller. I can't play FPS or RTS games on anything else.|||Yeah the first Diablo came out for the Playstaion but they didn't bother with D2.It was pretty fiddly compared to more modern console ARPGs control systems.|||I instantly thought of D1 for the PS1. They already said this game would be the easiest to play on a console so I guess there is a small chance it will either come or not.

Frankly, for me, it's a question of eyesight. I play D1 and 2 on a lappy and my eyes really get tired after a while. I love games where I can just plug in a pad and sit a bit back.

Sure, I could use an external monitor but wouldn't it be cool to play D2 with a pad? It' not a this or that situation, clicking fans would still be able to play like that but the rest would appreciate it.

I'm also pretty sure there are ways around it, aren't there mappers for gamepads? Never tried one but might do so if I find a solution.|||Quote:








I'm also pretty sure there are ways around it, aren't there mappers for gamepads? Never tried one but might do so if I find a solution.




Yes there are, I used to use Pinnacle Game Profiler while I was playing around on TF2. Works great aslong as it has voice chat. If d3 doesnt come with voice chat built in I really wouldnt want to be palying with controller users.|||ugh simplified controls never work well in my opinion so i would not want it in the game.|||just want this game needs, more console infection. nothing will ever beat a mouse/keyboard|||I do not know how you would target a mob in a crowd of 20 with the right thumstick of controller.

So I think if the games come to a console version, it should be modified accordingly: target assistance, difficulty adjusted accordingly...

Anyway, I am not interested in playing with a controller. More complicated than the keyboard+mouse for a game like Diablo on a PC.|||Controller support would be a cool feature, but I don't really think it belongs in diablo without some targeting assistance. Would be fun to use for a bit though.

没有评论:

发表评论