2012年4月12日星期四

ATTENTION: Diablo 3 Graphic Artists. Cool it on the greens and the purples

[:1]Pretty much what title says.

As the release date inches closer and closer, I find myself getting more and more excited for this game. Ive been a fan since Diablo 2 first came out, which was when I discovered the series. I remember borrowing a copy of Diablo 1 from a friend and trying it out and falling in love with the dark ambiance of this game. So I decided to try Diablo 2, and although it wasnt as dark as the first, it was 3 times as fun. Looking at the trailers and artwork for Diablo 3, I can tell this game will be 10 times as fun, but it wont even come close to being as dark as D1.

For a long time I pondered why this could be. The artwork seemed to resemble WoW artwork, which while the graphics for WoW were great in its own right, it just does not fit the Diablo universe. I realize this game is in beta and things will change drastically upon release, and I DO notice that the art work is getting a bit better with each new screenshot, but it still retains that childish style of WoW. Then it hit me after viewing this screenshot.

http://us.blizzard.com/diablo3/media...nshots.xml#149

Those colors just seem way out of place. They take away from the dark atmosphere the long time fans of Diablo desire. Please remove the rainbow palette blizzard. Keep that in the warcraft universe.

没有评论:

发表评论