2012年4月12日星期四

PvP Suggestions/Questions

[:1]Hey everyone, I've been a lurker for years on this website now, and I recently saw a screenshot that sparked me to Register on this forum and open this thread.

The screenshot shows two Wizards Disintegrate spells overlapping.



Other games like this I've played always feel a lot more tactical and cooler and awesome when spells collide and cancel each other out and so forth. Those two Disintegrate spells would be so much more awesome if they hit each other dragon ball Z Kamehameha style.

Just imagine other spells like energy balls exploding in mid air doing AoE damage to both parties involved or other spells perhaps hitting each other and reflecting off each other going in random directions where everyone has to dodge them. The possibilities! The awesomeness!

Has this been discussed before? Is there a place I can go where I can give this to Blizzard as an idea? Where do people go to get Bashiok to answer their questions?



Lastly, has anyone ever played a game called Nox? It was one of my all-time favourites, and I think it had PvP that far surpassed Diablos, unfortunately it never got the success it deserved due to Westwoods fail servers, but it was always great fun at LANs with my mates.

Here's a video showing off the awesome Nox PvP gameplay

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KGbJvbDMEf8



Thanks for reading, your comments are much appreciated!|||No replies? |||Honestly? It doesn't seem feasible to implement a mechanic like that.

Given everything else in the game (story, quests, physics engine, all the abilities, runes, traits, the list goes on and on), something like this just doesn't seem feasible to do.

There would be countless possibilities to consider: what if they just graze? Is it a head on collision, or is it similar to what's demonstrated in the above screenshot? That may only seem like three, but think of how many different ways the two beams could collide. And then, what if we get three colliding? Or 4? Or 5? or 6? What determines if they cancel each other out or kill everyone in a 50 mile radius? The number of possibilities is endless, and each of those possibilities would have to have some outcome.

Beyond that, it wouldn't be user friendly in the game, and think about non-PvP. It could just be two Wizards targeting their disintegrates at the same time and they just HAPPEN to overlap. What, do they now have to deal with a massive explosion that forces them to run like hell just to avoid getting wiped out? That doesn't enhance the game, that pisses people off. There is such thing as too much random chaos, and it seems like there will be random chaos aplenty in D3 without people accidentally blowing themselves and their allies up.

Sure, you can argue different mechanics between PvM and PvP that Blizzard has highlighted, but we're talking about changing the cooldowns of the abilities, not a total overhaul to the ability's mechanics.

While I think it's an intriguing idea, I'm pretty sure I wouldn't want to see it implemented.

As for "Nox", I've never heard of it.|||No thanks it a laser type beam spell that passes through almost anything, so why would meeting another disintegrate make it explode?|||Are you seriously saying that realistically disintegrate beings should go through each other? Come on.

The other poster seems to disagree with it because it is 'too hard' to implement, or what-not, whereas I don't think it would be that hard to do.

You also failed to comment on the rest of my post. Particularly concerning spell projectiles colliding with each other, not just the disintegrate beam. Even if the beam collision idea would be too hard to do, that says nothing concerning the other types of spells colliding with each other, which I imagine would be a lot easier to do.

I still think this would be awesome.



As for non-PVP, well obviously they could tweak the mechanics so friendly spells don't collide with each other...|||Personally I didn't see any need to cover rest after his post but well.

Ok for the rest all what will happen is I pick the fastest fire ranged skill I go and fire it at someone non stop as it gives me 100% protection from there missiles skills and I also get a higher chance of hitting the other player and any skill explosions happen nearer to them roll on rapid fire demon hunters FTW.|||Quote:








Are you seriously saying that realistically disintegrate beings should go through each other? Come on.

The other poster seems to disagree with it because it is 'too hard' to implement, or what-not, whereas I don't think it would be that hard to do.

You also failed to comment on the rest of my post. Particularly concerning spell projectiles colliding with each other, not just the disintegrate beam. Even if the beam collision idea would be too hard to do, that says nothing concerning the other types of spells colliding with each other, which I imagine would be a lot easier to do.

I still think this would be awesome.



As for non-PVP, well obviously they could tweak the mechanics so friendly spells don't collide with each other...




First you are talking about that it wouldn't be realistic to have two Disengrate beams go through eachother but don't mind them doing it if it's PvE? That does not compute in my head.

Also would would stop a wizard from just lazer beaming every spells coming his way? He could practially spellblock him while damaging him more and more.|||You can walk through each other on PvE as well, but that isn't realistic either. What is your point?

Yeah; there would be balance issues with it and stuff would probably need to be tweaked around, but at least I've got you talking about that rather than it being "too hard to do" performance wise.|||Quote:








You can walk through each other on PvE as well, but that isn't realistic either. What is your point?

Yeah; there would be balance issues with it and stuff would probably need to be tweaked around, but at least I've got you talking about that rather than it being "too hard to do" performance wise.




Think you misunderstood me. I don't care about "too hard to do" perfomance wise, I just don't want it in the game.|||I misunderstood you? Reading your posts, I can't see anywhere where you said you didn't want it in the game. Are you going to give your reasons?

And you admit you were wrong about the PvE realisticness issue?

没有评论:

发表评论