2012年4月13日星期五

How to make gold relevant. - Page 5

[:1]I think the main thing needed for gold relevance is to decrease supply and increase demand. Economics 101 shouldn't need too much explaining, agreed? In this light, I am hoping for some really fun, exciting ways to spend the gold I get, once I finally get my grubbies on enough to do something with. I have read numerous posts bemoaning the autostat feature, and the resultant lack of customization options. I would think the developers could come up with some really fun options that would solve both "problems."

But it's a good thing I'm not in charge of creative direction, as I can't come up with a good original idea atm.

Dazzle me, Blizzard!

-d|||Blizz mentioned few ways.

You can reset your skills in D3, but it will cost lots of gold.

You can take gems off your items (or make new sockets) but it will cost you lots of gold.|||A. dont let rats drop plate armor that can be sold for 35K, a stupid rat can drop a ring, or 1 gold

B. vendors should not want to buy crappy stuff from u for insane amount of money

C. add socket, empty socket

D. reset STATS

E. reset SKILLPOINTS

F. gamle gems, rune, anything

G. durability, maybe, but dont let durability be a primal focus

H. and shared stash!!! at least for items that makes you wanna create one more class and level. Yes one nice class item can make you wanna level new char from start, its sick.

I. and what does cost in real life???: edit looks and reset gender! |||I dont think there will be reset stats options since they are automatic now.|||Id like to see a C/S/G/P system.

also having merchants selling items that are useful past the first 10 levels would be a nice addition as well.|||The merchants do sell useful items above for characters level 11 and up.

Don't have monsters drop gold. Gold is payment doled out for random quests. Make the gold available dependent on the gold used in npc transactions.|||Quote:








Seeing the currency is Perfect gems and then runes, what you must do is tie gold to these two currencies. So gamble for flawless gems and runes, then you have it. A million gold is some gems, or maybe a good rune, prolly only ****ty runes but at least some gems, it's your gamble.




I really like this idea.|||Quote:








1) You could buy maps to nearby areas from town. The townspeople would know the areas near the town well, but the further you want to travel the more the maps would cost and they could even have gaps and mistakes in them.

2) Have respeccing cost a lot.

3) Have gold as a trading currency.

4) Restrict the way you get gold. You could get gold only from chests, humanoid monsters, rewards from quests and so on. Why (or how!) maggots carry on gold, anyway?




mmm like the flawed map idea|||I read through 5 pages of comments and this is my take:

1. The most any monster should drop is 50 gold (no one can actually carry more than that) Can you actually imagine a pile of 1,000,000 gold pieces?

2. Monsters should drop items related to them (bugs dropping weapons and armor is just dumb)

3. Weaker monsters should drop runes and charms (they're using them just like the players are to try and become more powerful)

4. A simple blacksmith should not be able to repair my "Sword of Godliness", in later acts have a powerful enchanter repair and sell magical items

5. IMO - Gambling is just a way to waste the overabundance of gold. Limit the gold and drop items that my character needs and I won't waste time gambling.

5A. If you're not gonna drop items I need then have a stash that I can use for all my character classes, not just one.

|||I forgot to say that I also love the idea of using gold to add/reset socket items.

Also using gold to reset skill points or stats.

没有评论:

发表评论