2012年4月12日星期四

Dear Blizzard... (about pay-4-play)

[:1]I will gladly and humbly pay an extra (and I mean extra) price to become a definitive member for full access to features and premium content. It's pretty simple, the name Diablo alone is enough to convince me that it's well worth it. However, please do not force me to pay on a monthly basis, whether as a mandatory subscription or for the aformentioned content. A monthly subscription is precisely the reason why I have never played and will always stray from MMOs, I just don't like to pay monthly "bills" for an indefinite period of time. On the other hand, Diablo 2's free-to-play structure is the reason I decided to take the game online and why I STILL play it today; you will not see me with a 10-year long subscription.

So if it's funding you need Blizzard, then by all means, charge me a healthy one-time dose and I will gladly oblige. However, you will lose me if you go the pay-for-play way.|||I dont think there should be any content based pay for extras other than buying extra character slots ,maybe even extra storage space(after all that puts stress on servers) but nothing that makes other players feel inferior as everyone has payed for the game.|||Im also not in favor of p4p and wont. I wouldnt be happy about being unable to access game content because of it either, still the servers have to be paid for.

An alternative that im sure most ppl wouldnt like, and isnt likely tbh, would be for blizzard to sell ingame items to people who profer to buy rather than find/trade them. After all they will be avalable via other sites regardless of what blizzard try to do to stop it, so why not have the money spent pay for the servers.

This would i believe also be safer for ppl that do buy items, reduce the likelyhood of professional farmers clogging up the servers and hopefully save use from being spammed to death by shop bots in chat channels and open games -.-|||Quote:








Im also not in favor of p4p and wont. I wouldnt be happy about being unable to access game content because of it either, still the servers have to be paid for.

An alternative that im sure most ppl wouldnt like, and isnt likely tbh, would be for blizzard to sell ingame items to people who profer to buy rather than find/trade them. After all they will be avalable via other sites regardless of what blizzard try to do to stop it, so why not have the money spent pay for the servers.

This would i believe also be safer for ppl that do buy items, reduce the likelyhood of professional farmers clogging up the servers and hopefully save use from being spammed to death by shop bots in chat channels and open games -.-




i think you are 100% right

and like you said it would solve bot problums

well most there will always be some offering the gear cheaper

but whos going to buy someting cheaper that could poof|||No in-game benefit for real life money, EVER. Vanity titles, non-combat widgets are fine, but progression in the game should never, EVER be tied to real money, ever. As for pay to play, I really, really, REALLY do not want to see it, and I want to see how they handle Starcraft 2 before I pass judgment on the likelihood of P2P for D3. I don't think they'll do it, but I never trust publicly traded companies, their shareholders, and their board of directors to think "long term."|||Seriously...If it gets done faster i'll gladly fork up some extra loot|||Quote:








So if it's funding you need Blizzard, then by all means, charge me a healthy one-time dose and I will gladly oblige. However, you will lose me if you go the pay-for-play way.




Many people feel this way, I agree.|||I don't like monthly bills too.

However, if it's either "in-game progression for real money" or "pay2play", I would go with pay2play. Buying in-game stuff for money is just horrible. If I'll start explaining why I will probably sit here all night. I think people who sell/buy items for real money should be banned... seriously.

I'll go with 1 time payment... a big one. 300$+ for all I care. Just keep any money related stuff out of my game.|||I can't see blizzard asking for a one off payment for services tbh, as these arn't a good way to pay for on going costs in the long term. That and it could put people off buying the game if its to high.|||I don't think a monthly subscription is a consideration as far as Blizzard are concerned or buying items.

They have a reasonable subscription fee for WoW but that gets a helleva lot of content so if they did charge a sub it would have to be quite a lot less because you couldn't fit that much content into Diablo 3. At that point it becomes cheesy.

没有评论:

发表评论