2012年4月12日星期四

Gear and how it should relate to skills.

[:1]**If you're about to run away because of the long post, the main point is that gear should tinker with skills in a general way, skip to bottom to see what I mean, discuss fixes to my idea or ideas similar to it that take what I want and actually accomplish it better.**

First, I'd love to introduce myself. I am just a newb to these dungeon crawling, gear whoring games. On the flip side of things I am a very experienced card game guru. :P So when I see the customization potential for Diablo I say. "Well... This is nice and all, but I'd like MORE!".

**Since I am kinda idiotic, I'll gladly accept the pat on the back and "Hey... this is cool and all but I think a better idea would be *this* or I would fix this with *really good suggestion*, thanks for posting though!"**

Section 1: What the hell?

1a.Concept: Making random weapon enchantments more interesting.

1b.Best Example: Socketing (It's like socketing a major glyph?)

1c."Why?": Unique items tend to do the more interesting, more complex things. It's not bad and gives great incentive to hunt them down, but as a noob I'd like to feel like I get to deal with the more "important" gear as a lower level.

1d.Additional Notes: I'd also enjoy input on gear giving trait points.

Section 2: Examples



2a. Witch Doctor Wand: (Green) Bursting Rod (Green)

Enchantment: (random stat bonus)

------------------------------

Skull of Flame now inflicts blind for one

second, or if it already inflicts blind,

it inflicts blind for an additional second.

------------------------------





2b. Barbarian Axe: (Blue) Serrated Slaughterer (Blue)

Enchantment: +12 STR (and a random amount

of DEX or CON)

-------------------------------

Any normal attack inflicts a minor

bleed effect. (Bleed for 5 seconds

deal damage equal to 15% of your

STR every second)

Skills/Spells/Procs will inflict a major

bleeding effect. (Bleed lasts for 10

seconds, deal damage equal to 42%

of your strength every 2 seconds)

--------------------------------



3a: Monk Staff: (Green) Spirit Queller of the Whale (Green)

Enchantment: (Random Enchantment)

------------------------------------

Reduce all Cooldowns in the first two

skill trees by 3% (this is determined by

alphabetical order)|||Sounds like your putting stuff on items that are normally done in skill passives,seems a bit much when we have runes too that will make things interesting enough.|||Quote:








Sounds like your putting stuff on items that are normally done in skill passives,seems a bit much when we have runes too that will make things interesting enough.




Yeah, this isn't really thought through. :P Thanks for the reply though.

没有评论:

发表评论